Date(s) - 05/01/2016
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Saint Anthony's Church
Last October the Dutch Government closed the Consulate in Boston. This unfortunately also meant the end of the popular traditional annual Koningsdag Receptions of the Consulate. The NAF Boston and the Eerste Nederlandstalige School in Boston (ENSIB) are partnering to jointly organize this year’s Koningsdag Celebration. As not-for-profit organizations we will need to charge for tickets to cover the cost of the event.
Come and join us to celebrate Koningsdag! We invite young and old, students, children, Dutch people, Belgians and Americans to join us for a fun afternoon.
The festivities are designed to remind you of a Koningsdagviering in a small Dutch town
- Opportunity to walk around meeting friends and meet new people
- Singing of “het Wilhelmus”, the Dutch national anthem
- Traditional Dutch Children’s Games, organized by ENSiB as part of their Dutch Culture program
- “Vrijmarkt”, where children and adults offer items for sale like antiques, second hand objects, Arts & Crafts, books, etc. (registration required)
- Enjoy traditional Dutch food (included in the registration fee)
- Beer and wine will be available for purchase at reasonable prices
The church where we will hold the event will give us the opportunity to celebrate indoors, as well as on the little square adjacent to the church (weather permitting).
Register for the Vrijmarkt by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The organizers reserve the right to select the participants in the Vrijmarkt to meet the family character of the event.
To participate in the Children’s Games, children must be 2 years or older and be present when the games start at 4:15 pm.
One ticket per guest is required, with exception of children below the age of two.
We need your support to make this a successful event, so it may set a model for the coming years. We expect a couple of hundred people to attend the celebration, therefore we will not be able to run the event without the support of volunteers. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to help.
THE EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
You may wait list yourself at http://goo.gl/forms/niunlpkTZd for tickets that may become available if ticketed guests cancel. No guarantees though.
This means that no tickets will be available at the door.
This event is fully booked.