Date(s) - 04/12/2018
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The Willard InterContinental
NAF Ambassadors’ Awards Dinner
Celebrating Dutch-American Heritage and Friendship
in collaboration with Holland on the Hill
The Willard InterContinental, Washington, DC
Thursday, April 12, 2018
6:30 pm Cocktails & Silent Auction Review
7:30 pm Dinner and Awards
Followed by informal after-dinner cognac & liquors
The event will be preceded by the Heineken Award and Lecture at noon, hosted by the Netherlands Embassy and its Holland on the Hill program, a joint project of the Embassy, the NAF, the Congressional Caucus on the Netherlands and the Netherlands Business community.
The Ambassador J. William Middendorf II Award
Marilyn Hewson, CEO, Lockheed Martin
The Ambassador C. Howard Wilkins, Jr. Award
Stein Kruse, CEO, Holland America Group
The Ambassador K. Terry Dornbush Award
Glen Hauenstein, President, Delta Air Lines
These awards, established in 1991 and named after former U.S. Ambassadors to the Netherlands, recognize a person’s outstanding professional accomplishments in either the commercial, cultural or political field in the United States or the Netherlands, and individuals who have markedly served to strengthen relations between the two countries.
The Awards dinner raises funds for the Netherland-America Foundation’s educational exchange programs, including one that brings promising Dutch students to Washington, DC for a summer program at George Mason University, as well as internships on Capitol Hill, at think tanks, non-profits and various companies. Philanthropy is essential to our ability to continue these programs of the NAF, thus support from our constituents and honorees is essential to optimize the net proceeds of the event.
His Excellency Henne Schuwer
Ambassador of the Kingdom
of the Netherlands to the United States
U.S. Representative Bill Huizenga
U.S. Representative Derek Kilmer
Organizing Committee Chair
James H. Dykstra
Principal, Edington, Peel & Associates
Co-Chairman, Meijer, Inc.
Author, Arthur Vandenberg: The Man in the Middle of the American Century
Master of Ceremonies
President, Trinity Christian College
Attire: Black Tie optional
We have reserved a small block of rooms at The Willard InterContinental Hotel for the nights of April 11 and 12, 2018. To reserve, call 202.628.9100 before March 22, 2018 and reference Group Code NAF.
- Tables (seating up to ten guests) and individual tickets may be purchased online (see Bookings below).
- To purchase a table or individual tickets by check, please download the reply form and return to the NAF with payment.
- To process your registration over the phone, please call the NAF at 212-825-1221.
- To wire funds from Europe, please use the following:
- Account Name: The Netherland-America Foundation
- Account Bank: ABN AMRO BANK, AMSTERDAM
- Account #: NL25ABNA0416292003
- For all other inquiries or opportunities for advertising in the Program Journal, please e-mail Event Director Age B. Diedrick, or call 212-235-6363.