Date(s) - 05/18/2017
6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
The Mayflower hotel
The Netherland-America Foundation
Ambassadors’ Awards Dinner
In collaboration with Holland on the Hill
The Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Celebrating Dutch-American Friendship
His Excellency Henne Schuwer
Ambassador of the Kingdom
of the Netherlands to the United States
U.S. Representative Bill Huizenga
U.S. Representative Derek Kilmer
organizing committee chair
James H. Dykstra
THE AMBASSADOR J. WILLIAM MIDDENDORF II AWARD
Loek de Vries
Member, Supervisory Board, Royal TenCate
THE AMBASSADOR C. HOWARD WILKINS, JR AWARD
Gabrielle de Kuyper Bekink
President and CEO, Sheshunoff Consulting
THE AMBASSADOR K. TERRY DORNBUSH AWARD
President and CEO, Ahold Delhaize
Mr. Boer will also receive the Holland on the Hill Heineken Award
at a mid-day ceremony on Capitol Hill
U.S. Representative Derek Kilmer (D-WA)
House Appropriations Committee
Interior and Environment Subcommittee
Commerce, Justice, and Science Subcommittee
MASTER OF CEREMONIES
President, Trinity Christian College
Attire: Black Tie optional
For over 400 years, the Netherlands and the United States have been joined by the values of freedom, justice and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Netherland-America Foundation is about strengthening these ties on an economic, political and cultural level. Our honorees exemplify the best of both worlds.
Please click HERE to view photos of the dinner held on May 18, 2017 at The Mayflower in Washington, DC.
Please click HERE to view photos of the dinner held on April 21, 2016 at The Mayflower in Washington, DC.
Please click HERE to view list of past honorees.
- Tables (seating up to ten guests) and individual tickets may be purchased online (see Bookings below).
- To purchase a table or individual tickets by check, please download the reply form and return to the NAF with payment.
- To process your registration over the phone, please call the NAF at 212-825-1221.
- To wire funds from Europe, please use the following:
- Account Name: The Netherland-America Foundation
- Account Bank: ABN AMRO BANK, AMSTERDAM
- Account #: NL25ABNA0416292003
- For all other inquiries or opportunities for advertising in the Program Journal, please e-mail Event Director Age B. Diedrick, or call 212-235-6363.
To view the program journal please click here. The program journal also includes details of the evening’s silent auction items – if you wish to bid in absentia, please contact Event Director email@example.com.
We are thankful for gifts to the silent auction from the following donors:
- Academy Art Museum, Easton, MD
- Arena Stage, Washington, DC
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- BCD Travel
- Linda Button, Artist, Bethesda, MD
- Capitol Hill Club, Washington, DC
- Cas’ a Mer, Longboat Key, FL – courtesy of Jan Zachariasse
- Collective a’Chord, Arlington, DC
- Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino and airfare – www.curacao.com
- De L’Europe Hotel, Amsterdam
- Divi & Tamarijn Resorts, Aruba
- DuMonde Trading Company, New York City
- Marlon Groenhart, artist, Amsterdam
- Heineken USA
- Hidden Valley Bed and Breakfast, CT
- International Spy Museum, Washington, DC
- Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg, VA
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Mauritshuis, The Hague
- McLean Personal Training, DC tri-state area
- Shelley Micali, artist, Arlington, VA
- National Press Club, Washington, DC
- Netherlands Ambassador’s Dinner, Residence Dinner, Washington, DC
- Netherland Bulb Company
- Ocean Prime, Washington, DC
- Peter Stuyvesant Ball, New York City
- Proper 21 Restaurant, Washington, DC
- RdV Vineyards, Delaplane, VA
- SuitSupply, Washington, DC
- U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, DC, Lunch hosted by www.huizenga.house.gov
- U.S. Senate Dining room, Lunch hosted by www.vhstrategies.com
- Washington Nationals Baseball games, Courtesy of Bob van Heuvelen and Tim McDonald
- Zaytinya Restaurant, Washington, DC
Bookings are closed for this event.