Date(s) - 04/30/2017
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Saint Anthony's Church
Last year’s Koningsdag Celebration organized by the NAF Boston and the Eerste Nederlandstalige School in Boston (ENSIB) was a great success with more than 280 guests. Therefore the NAF and ENSiB will be hosting the Koningsdag Party again this year in Cambridge.
Come and join us ! We invite young and old, students, children, Dutch people, Belgians and Americans to join us for a fun afternoon.
The festivities are designed to remind you of a Koningsdagviering in a small Dutch town
- Opportunity to walk around meeting friends and meet new people
- Singing of “het Wilhelmus”, the Dutch national anthem
- Traditional Dutch Children’s Games, organized by ENSiB as part of their Dutch Culture program
- “Vrijmarkt”, where children and adults offer items for sale like antiques, second hand objects, Arts & Crafts, books, etc. (registration required)
- Enjoy traditional Dutch food (included in the registration fee)
- All non-alcoholic beverages will be free
- For guests 21 years and older, two glasses of beer or wine are included in the registration fee. Tickets for additional drinks can be purchased at reasonable prices.
The church where we will hold the event will give us the opportunity to celebrate indoors, as well as on the little square adjacent to the church (weather permitting).
To participate in the Children’s Games, children must be 2 years or older and be present for registration at 3:45 pm.
All guests need a ticket, with exception of children below the age of two.
The organizers reserve the right to select the participants in the Vrijmarkt to meet the family character of the event.
If you have any questions, or would like to register for the Vrijmarkt, please contact us at email@example.com, or by telephone at (978)443-0319 (Gerda Maaskant).
We need your support to make this a successful event, so it may set a model for the coming years. We expect a couple of hundred people to attend the celebration, therefore we will not be able to run the event without the support of volunteers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to others who qualify for the ticket type.